Thursday 18 September 2008

ello

Salaam, peace dudes

Me got a spare half hour before I get up properly for classes...last one before recess week. I cant believe that! I'm half way through my term and now all the big things are going to start becoming due in! Eeep! Was planning to work the first half of the week and then dart off to Hong Kong and Macau to relax for a few days - its pretty cool that I can do that. Its still weird to lie in bed and realise I'm lying in a bed on the other side of the world, and studying at such a good university- if someone had asked me this time last year if I thought this was going to happen I'd have thought they were stupid!

Ramadhan is flying past and have met alot of people and done alot since it started. There has been chinese lantern festival to mark a Chinese moon festival (too much Hello Kitty EVERYWHERE despoiling the lovely chinese gardens; Geylang Ramadhan market (where I shopped too much, it was fun :p so I have an Eid suit for this year yaay); and lots and lots of Iftari's which has been fantastic for meeting new folk! Funnily enough most of the Muslims I've meet at PGP have been Pakistani's and some random Brits and Malays here and there

but for the all fun times I'm having here I miss home life and family and friends back home, there is no way I could do this for longer than 4 months at a time, and I'm so so grateful I can come back for a month in between, I do feel sad sometimes when I miss out on the little things in peoples lives and whats happening, even though I'm doing fantastic things here and living it to the max possible

ps I cant get away from press I have to do an interview for a Malay newspaper about what I'll be doing for Eid! BBQ!!

Now because that telephone interview this post has to get cut short because I have to get ready for public int'l class (snooooze) well this one is on terrorism and torture so could have the chance of being slightly interesting

salaams and lots of love

No comments:

My Blog List