Saturday 4 October 2008

Selamat Hari Raya

Or Eid Mubarak!

I hope everyone has had a good week since my last blog - its Sat now so am having a library session - starting to get friendly with my Islamic law waqf books and work on my paper.

Eid was proper fun and it meant I only had classes on Monday and Friday this week so feels like I've just had a weekend!  For Eid Yusrina's family invited me around in the morning after namaaz and they we visited her mums side of the family and her dads - everyone was most welcoming and of course I had to eat all their dishes so had 3 meals in the morning - aunties get upset if you dont try everything incl the liver and lung dishes so you have to force it down and rely on the lovely cakes and shizzle after to take away the taste!

After that the Pakistani society at NUS had a BBQ on the go in the afternoon so chilled with that lot for a bit and didnt eat much cause I physically couldnt but it was all delicious looking and i naturally had to try some of it...

Apparently some news channel wanted to interview me, ceri, badawi and zak so we met at another friends house and ate there whilst being filmed and then interviewed - so was on the news several times! I cant escape from it even over here man, but its lovely cause you dont have to watch what you say cause the reporters and stuff out here arent there to trip you are - looking forward to my article coming out - of course its in malay so I'll just enjoy the picture and get someone else to translate heehee

after that we went to meet farah's parents who were lovely people and very funny - we all really enjoyed ourselves there Alh :) they are our adopted family in Singapore! Been invited around tonight to meet a scottish convert who had been dated farah's cousin before she died a few years ago, I really have to work on my paper but its so rude to not accept invites over here - keeping it as brief as possible! And Nurul's family have invited me around to their house tomorrow afternoon.  Everyone is most welcoming in Singapore and are always looking out for me! Its so lovely and sweet! I wish I could introduce them to my parents too as they are a good laugh too. 

It was nice to have an Eid like that - it'll always be special to me - its far better than being back in Scotland cause I would have been alone again in Edinburgh so I'm so thankful I'm in singapore this year! but I'm really looking forward to Xmas now in Stranraer and having my own family around me iA.  Farah's parents really did make us all feel like it was a home away from home and a truly heartwarming family time bless them, made me miss home alot!!

Except I hadnt been feeling well all Eid with a stuff nose and head and flueyness so spent the day in bed yesterday doing a bit of work here and there but mainly watching sweeney todd and chilled with friends last night in the waffle place in PGP, so getting down to workfor the next two weeks.  I got up early this morning and registered for a course in arabic (waaaay on the other side of the island, which is never really that big anyway!) so that should also be good iA

I think thats me all caught up. I hope everyone is in good health back home and missing me tooooooooooooooons! hehehe 2 months til I home for a bit and I think I need to sort out stuff with Edin careers shizzle when I get back, but yea take care folksies, my life will be a lot more boring for the next two weeks so blogs will be unexciting too :p

salaams and love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

My Blog List