Sunday 3 August 2008

China town and exploring Singapore city






salaam, hey hey

an awesome day wandering around China Town and checking out the markets, its incredible! I really want to go shopping there on my own one day, I'll just come back with such crap for everyone at home! But that'll totally be what my remaining dollars go on! But went out with some of the guys we met last night so at least our group is expanding slightly and everything feels a little less lonely when you have people around you. Its only when I get back to my room that everything goes flop so I kinda look forward to uni starting alot just so my evenings are kept busy too! But my feet hurt from walking cause we basically walked from china town to clarke quay which is a quaint bizarre very upper class bar and lounge area. I had the best ice cream (lavender honey!), honestly it sounds so wierd but first class!

Then went up to Fort Cannings to see around it a little and catch the sun set, as we were walking around we caught the last night of sing fest. Literally so close to the stage, we were watching it for free and everyone inside had to pay $250 so thats well jammy, quite good bands had been there travis, simple plan, panic at the disco (ok not so good) but alicia keys was finishing up sunday night!

Today we did a little tour of the places of worship, one of the Hindu Temples, a Buddhist temple and a one of the mosques so was pretty interesting to see the dramatic differences in these places of worship. Buddhists just seem to make everything gold. I didnt like that it asked for $33,000 dollars to be specially protected, etc and that all donations went to buying more stuff for the temple. Whereas the Masjid and the Hindu temple gave all money to charities.

My other awesome find of the day was $100 free local credit for my phone...It wont help phoning home at all but dont need to think about calls around these parts for quite a while now!!!

And now I seem to need to go to bed cause I gotta organise myself to get matriculated, have my student visa sorted and look at accommodation in PGP with the other international students. I prefer thinking of this as a holiday than do all this boring stuff. I need a foot massage from my sandals, someone, please? :(

another interesting day, will take the advice for a very wise old friend who told me to make sure no day was ever the same as another, thank you wise old friend.

ws gxxx

My Blog List