Tuesday 5 August 2008

Salaam

Was way tired last night so never got around to blogging but its ok because I didnt do anything interesting other than register, get xrays done, eat, play pool and sleep. Bar being followed by a malaysian guy with rubi and vicki, he was actually rather helpful and told us alot of useful info it was just random and weird. Uni is weird man, strange stuff goes on.

Today I went up to my law campus and sorted out all my subjects and had a wee nosy around. I'm taking....

United Nations Law and Practice
Islamic Law
Emergencies and Legal Theory
Comparative Constitutional Law
Public International Law

inshaAllah nothing will go wrong with that bunch now - it took a lot to get to this final 5 btw. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera because I saw alot today! The campus is 20 minutes away by (free) bus and it very pretty. This campus is very very american stylee but the law one is far more like cambridge or oxford with its grass and quadrangles and white washed buildings. I had a little explore so I wouldn't get lost first days of classes and walk in late (and thus drop grades - how mean!). I'll take come cute little photos for you guys next time I go! There is a random dude from Glasgow uni which I proper cant wait to meet - he's also doing Islamic Law so wanna see what he's like!! It'll feel like home in my classes just slightly if I have another scottish accent. It does kinda mean I'm going to get cabin fever again this year when I dont see the lovely daylight that exists in singapore.

After that met up with Nurul and ate (again new food, sseriously there is just so much of it you cant fail but eat new stuff all the time and its all been first rate!) and shopped (books) and she took me to Mustafa Centre in Little India, which is just CRAZY! Seriously its like cash and carry/TK MAX and sells absolutely anything and everything - you name it and I will find it for you! Think I'll go back there with the uni folk and have a proper look around. Went back to Nurul's for some tea. I have missed tea so much, its just incredibly good. Met her mum and dad and was invited around for Iftar next month which is really really nice of them!

So back at the halls and writing this before I head to bed (its midnight), gotta get up nice and early for a 2pm kick off of an international students welcome tea, will remember and bring my camera for your enjoyment :p

I still get sad thinking about home and people there, I miss the politics muchly and rely on reading day old heralds (given the time difference!). Who's gonna get labour leadership dudes? Give me the inside gossip! Except now I kinda want to have them out there so they can eat and sleep and walk with me cause Singapore is truly fascinating when you sit back and just look at everything going on around you, especially today in Little India!

Don't worry mum i'm eating my fruit (bought apples and honey melons and grapes to store in my room) still not eaten the catered for food in the halls, might try it tomorrow actually. Should probably show my face to the randomers!

g'night, have a fun SIF meeting, take care and know that randomly every single one of you randomly pops into my thoughts for one reason or another most days

salaam gxx

No comments:

My Blog List