Saturday 2 August 2008

First few days






Were admittedly pretty awful cause I was all alone out here, was tired from no sleep on the plane and no food. Has started to get slightly better Alh now Vicki and Rubina are here from Edinburgh. Went a chilled out in town today and tried out the public transport. MRT (mass rapid transport or something, think monorail from the simpsons!) meant being packed like the london underground, but not that bad. Tis good to just have a wander around the centre part of Singapore city but SO HOT, I think its about 31 degrees out here, need to get used to this kind of heat. Hotel concierge thought we were mad walking to the centre, it really wasn't far but the humidty is insane! Walking out of Dubai airport wall of heat is dry and HOT, this is a totally different kind of heat, one were you sweat all the time. We've decided to just accept the sweat and go with the flow iA.

Nurul, my friend from Edinburgh uni who comes from singapore, was invaluable and very helpful taking me out to meet some people. The accommodation I'm in is pretty unfriendly, no one wants to stop and chat to the only european/western chick so I'm looking to get a transfer to the houses were all the other international students are. I guess I could stick out 4 solitary months here I guess though esp if uni starts up and I'm kept buseee. Its bizarre having freshers week next week, its so early and it'll be massively different so what I'm used to! (hope plans for scottish ones are well underway Angus). Rubi is infectiously happy and makes you just sit back, chill and think "man we're in singapore" which is pretty special and exciting in itself if you ignore the missing of people back home. I think you should just fly out to me, the weather is much better here :p faith has been amazing, I just keep trying and pushing myself when things get really poop and trust that He knows what happening and that'll it'll all work out iA

Will try and work out how to get some pictures up on this, havent taken very many yet but I should show you guys whats its like!

But i do miss you guys, please stay in contact with me, I love emails and blog comments and texts and skype telling me what your up to, even the boring "in work i did a spreadsheet" is better than not hearing from you at all :p

muchly love, salaams

gail

4 comments:

JAX said...

Hi love the bedroom! What size is it? How's the food? How near is uni? Sounds as if you have interesting friends already. xxxxxx

JAX said...

bedroom looks something else! what size is it? What is the food like?

Gillybean said...

Gailypoo!! glad you've found a little bit of comfort in the people youhave met. I thinkit would be good if you could move halls but no rush. The party sounds awesome, you can teacht them all how to dance properly...ie- RAVE!!! hahaha i'll email soon my lovely missing you so so much (its rainy crappity stuff here boooo send me sunshine!) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Gill

gaillypie said...

its literally the size it looks, like 3 metres by 5 metres or something stupid!!

My Blog List