Tuesday 12 August 2008

So I havent blogged in a while...

mainly cause classes started yesterday and its been a really intense few days. Loving the classes here much better choice and more engaging than back home (I may end up as one of those students who sticks her hand up in class back home cause here you have to do it or else). Last night was just proper tired so skyped then slept.
UN was seriously interesting, it'll be slightly like EU law last year (but no stupid book), gonna have to get up to scratch with my knowledge of Zimbabwe, Kosovo, Darfur, etc cause alot of the time the class demands that you know the ins and outs and I'm like whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Emergency powers and legal theory is my favourite - its constitutional law and jurisprudence in one and you can just get such good debates going! And Islamic Law was my intensive which didnt start until 6.30pm ends at 9.30pm and is 3 nights a week for 3 weeks (ya intensive) and we didnt really get onto anything substantive and the guy was an eccentric palestinian who I think might be too intelligent to teach (think SIR PROF MCCORMACK) but we'll see on thursday - basically I need to read the syllabus by the weekend so that I can choose a research paper topic so if anyone has any ideas let me know :p
and tonight I just chilled out and met some more international people who were pretty cool, just utterly dislike that so often everything is about alcohol, how much they drank, what they did, which guys they slept with, which river they woke up in, what part of the body they broke, what it was they drank last week, 2 years ago, 5 months ago or whatever. You kinda sit back and think this is seriously all you have to talk about!? Its so meaningless and not as cool as everyone thinks it is, but everyone talks like getting wasted is the only way to be cool, and I get that its a personal choice, and I personally wont choose it, I'm not old before my time, I just have different priorities, I can still have fun and I think people enjoy my company Alhamdulillah but just minus a desire to be incoherent and embarrassing. probably offended about 80% of those reading my blog but hey thats why you love me cause I have wacky rants and am opinionated right?!

oh and Nurul's mum made me the most awesome baking again, bless her, she's keeping me well fed and has only met me once, nurul has been incredibly helpful too introducing me to some of the natives or else i'd only have international students as friends and its quite cool to get a daft mix of friends and experience people from other countries!

anyway my contacts are getting glued to my eyeballs so I should seriously sleep, I've lacked pictures recently apologies, I did take a neat one of my pineapple fried rice IN A PINEAPPLE, which was wicked....aah the simple things..

take care dude-eldeydoos

No comments:

My Blog List