Sunday 10 August 2008

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Salaam

Blogging late means you have no idea what you did 3 days ago but I'm pretty sure that was the day we went to Little India and crashed the art school welcome tea but were then given freebies after being discovered! We tried to get our student passes but it didnt exactly work out (apparently if you read the form it told us that it was only open 8am - 2pm on weekdays so the lady was very annoyed with us!). Little India was too clean to be India but busy enough and with enough shops of gooooold. We always get tired of walking around or standing on MRTs but its really worth it! I think we've seen everything in Singapore (bar the botanical gardens) and will become really bored of it! It is a small place, it literally is just a big city. Saw the olympics opening ceremony, cheered for Team GB, and Sri Lanka and Singapore and New Zealand and marvelled at the choice of Scotland the Brave for the music that the teams all entered into the stadium to.

But Saturday was good with the National Day Parade, very cool to see the airshow and fireworks. Afterwards we stayed around and discovered a concert which we were eventually allowed into free (seriously, if you stay in the right places you dont have to pay we're discovering pretty fast)!! We had to go, we'd only see it once! And it paid off, very good evening and always very educating. I really cant get over that we live and study in somewhere like Singapore, with its skyscrapers and weather and beaches and tropicalness. At times one of us just sits back and exclaims we freakin live here guys and we all appreciate it all the more. I am so thankful for this opportunity even if it does mean I miss people I love. Alhamdulillah the space to grow, think and experience is amazing. The way of life is different, the people's attitude are different, although its still a city and a very developed one at that, the pace feels different. Or maybe its my pace that is so difference given I'm not thinking about everything going on at every turn. At home alot of my friends are going through quite horribly serious times. And I would give anything to bring you all your own space in Singapore or wherever it is you needed I would if I could. It makes you torn between thinking this is the life and always staying out the picture from harsh realities (ignorance could be bliss?) and wanting to use this time to gather momentum and maturity and utilise this.

And today I have been starting work and cleaning my room (well not really). My courses are what fascinates me which is also much better than Edinburgh where I had to do the tedious courses, but out here its only the credits that matter. I hope the materials and studies I read out here give me a fresh and difference perspective from the course work set year in year out in Edinburgh. It really does allow you to expand your thought and bring new ideas to the table.

Anyway I do rather have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I hope things get better, just remember to keep your intentions right and think before you step out into the middle of the road. And I am missing you all, I would, as I said, love to just bring you out to me, and if you ever do think of a spur of the moment holiday I would be more than happy to see ya of course :p

No comments:

My Blog List