Wednesday 6 August 2008

Wednesday wasn't very exciting

I say that because we had to hang around on campus for an international students meeting, which wasn't great but the wee chinese lady at the front was really cute and funny in that awful oh dear she's trying to be funny and quirky. Our Helen Leitch at Edinburgh is cool in that way too - whats with international office people!? I just hung around until Billy and I went to have dinner at our halls.
Muslim hall food is awful, I want to try it again tonight to see if its the same. For starts it came in a brown paper bag and I was thinking this isn't a terribly good sign - but it was basically an overly greasy fried chicken wing, some beansprouts (cold) and rice (cold). I had a look at the other stuff and it was far better even by my impression of hall standards. If its always the same I'm taking the veg option or refusing to pay for the meals here as part of my rent because it was really rank and old and basic and half arsed! But its ok - Nurul's mum made me some lovely scones, homemade jam and cookies. Absolutely delicious! I might have a scone for brunch. I eat so much out here. Check it out auntie has her own blogspot, the scones that are at the top are the ones she made me! http://www.ummisbakery.blogspot.com/
After that went to the cinema to see dark knight - how awesome is that! SO very twisted, kind of too twisted at times. When the lights went back up I forgot where I was and could so easily have been in the quay or the omni centre and I really missed home!
So today when the hungover folk wake up from the dead we'll be going to Little India hopefully with my CLEAN clothes (excitement) on!
salaams, g

1 comment:

Blog-Face said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

My Blog List